The detailed program of IAMO Forum 2016 is available here for download.
Day 1. Spatial migration and implications for rural development
- Links between rural economic development and migration;
- The effects of migration on rural households’ welfare;
- The effects of migration on local governance and transition processes;
- Institutional drivers and barriers of regional mobility;
- Remittances and local economic development.
Day 2. Cross-sectoral migration and structural changes in rural labor markets
- The role of agricultural development in shortage and excess of labor;
- Organization of labor relations and management in agriculture;
- Demographical and structural changes in rural areas and labor supply;
- Determinants of individual/household labor market decisions;
- Local institutions and occupational mobility.
Day 3. Research-Practice Dialogue. The future of rural labor markets
- How should agriculture be organized to generate rural employment and local welfare?
- How can we make rural areas an attractive place to live?
- Lessons to be learnt from Eastern Germany and other countries;
- What should policy-makers do for sustainable rural labor markets?